If you are a farmer thinking of moving towards regenerative farming practices, be it min till, planting cover crops, mob grazing, silvo-pasture or any other method, here are some sources of encouragement, support and advice which might help you on your journey.
If you are already farming regeneratively and are looking for marketing opportunities or would like to help spread the word by contributing a 3 minute video telling your farming story, we would love to hear from you – please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THESE FARMERS ARE AHEAD OF THE CURVE
SOURCES OF ENCOURAGEMENT FOR FARMERS
- Talk to other farmers on the path:
- Or on the Conservation and Direct Drill section:
- To see farmers practicing regenerative techniques and farm trials visit the brilliant, free learning sites at:
- Inspiration from Gabe Brown, how to build healthy soil:
- Gabe Brown – do we need fertilisers
- Dr David Johnson amazing facts and a compost system with fabulous results:
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO2nGHq40Xc&t=172s (more info in Learn More section).
- Support, resources and events, some free, some paid from:
- LEAF (Linking Environment and Farming)
- FWAG (Farming & Wildlife Advisory Group)
- Nature Friendly Farming Network
- Landworkers Alliance (a union of farmers, growers, foresters and land-based workers)
- The Soil Association
- Oxford Real Farming Conference (videos on Youtube also)
- Groundswell Ag Conference (videos on Youtube also)
- The Northern Real Farming Conference (recorded sessions)
- Ecological Land Co-op
- Soil Carbon Cutting toolkit
- Pasture for Life
- BASE (Biodiversity, Agriculture, Soil & Environment)
- Rewilding Britain
- Agronomists that know their stuff:
- Paid courses:
- Certification stepped programs with advice and direction:
- Note: If you ever have food that might go to waste on the farm please see if there is a local gleaning group near you. They can harvest or just pick up and deliver to local charities – https://gleaning.feedbackglobal.org/go-gleaning/
For larger amounts of harvested food please contact; https://fareshare.org.ukThis company may be able to deal with your waste farm plastic thegreentractorscheme.co.uk/collection-processing-network/
- Advice on Reducing Farm Food Waste
HAVE FAITH - TAKE THE LEAP
It is important that the term ‘Regenerative farming’ is not highjacked by people who don’t know, nor care about what they are doing to the land and our futures. Therefore, it’s important that we all know what is involved.